Single-Family Detached Home: Honourable Mention
Project Name: Crosbie Home
Terry Walsh – Terry Walsh Contracting
R.W. Parsons – B & M Services
Every measure has been taken to ensure that the homeowners would be able to independently, comfortably and safely age in place.
- large bay windows and angled corners with lots of glass
- 2″ square pillars supporting 12′ high open canopy
- semi circle window above from entrance showing through vestibule and foyer.
Planning and Design
- slab on grade house no stairs or steps on interior or exterior.
- interior creates open concept with invisible threshold throughout.
- 12′ vault ceiling with angle walls.
- mature trees on property with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- wide hallways providing accessibility throughout home
- hardwood floors throughout.
- bathroom as well as kitchen has been designed with proper height placement of counters
- housing and kitchen is positioned to capture as much natural light as possible
- wheelchair accessible
- level type door handles throughout
- master ensuite has custom built in wheel in shower. With built in seat & grab bars.
- 17″ high toilet.